Ordering the Oncotype DX® Colon Recurrence Score
Health care providers can order the Oncotype DX Colon Recurrence Score and MMR Assay for recurrence risk assessment at the same time by selecting the Sequential Assay option on the Oncotype DX Colon Recurrence Score requisition form.
When the Sequential Assay option is selected for stage II patient, the results will be delivered in one convenient report.
- In the event of a MMR-Proficient (MMR-P) result, the stage II patient’s tumor specimen will proceed to Oncotype DX Colon Recurrence Score testing, and in one convenient report, both results will be provided 7 – 10 days from the date laboratory processing begins. Please allow 1-2 additional days for MMR testing.
- In the event of a MMR-Deficient (MMR-D) result, an Oncotype DX Colon Recurrence Score will not be performed, and the ordering physician will be provided with a MMR report only.
For the Stage III patient, the Oncotype DX Colon Recurrence Score and the MMR Assay may be selected together so that both are performed, or they may be selected individually.
If you are a treating physician and would like to order the Oncotype DX Colon Recurrence Score for patients newly diagnosed with either Stage II or Stage III disease, follow the steps below.
- Complete the Oncotype DX Colon Recurrence Score Requisition Form.
- If your patient is uninsured, please contact Genomic Health® at 866-ONCOTYPE (866-662-6897).
- Fax the completed Oncotype DX Colon Recurrence Score Requisition Form to Genomic Health (866-444-0640).
- Genomic Health will complete the Benefits Investigation and will notify the ordering physician and patient of the results.
- Genomic Health will fax the Requisition Form to pathology, if requested by the ordering physician, and obtain and process the patient’s specimen (see Specimen Retrieval section for more details).
- Patient results will be sent to the physician(s) on the Requisition Form.
To sign up for the Genomic Health Physician Portal to place online orders, please contact Customer Service at
866-ONCOTYPE (866-662-6897) or at email@example.com.
Genomic Health is able to accept specimens from outside the United States for the Oncotype DX Colon Recurrence Score. As all specimens are analyzed in the United States, a Customs Declaration (or commercial invoice) is required for the specimen to be accepted into the United States. Oncotype DX Colon Recurrence Score Specimen Kits comply with international packaging regulations for domestic specimens (IATA 650 Packaging Instruction). Commercial invoices are included with the kits.
Below are ordering/sample submission instructions for international customers.
- Contact Genomic Health’s Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling
+1-650-569-2080, to receive country specific payment requirements, Oncotype DX Colon Cancer Assay Requisition Forms and Specimen Collection and Transportation boxes to submit your patient’s sample.
- When you are ready to submit your patient specimen, complete the Oncotype DX Colon Recurrence Score Requisition Form.
- Prepare and submit the specimen either as a tissue block or prepared unstained slides from the tissue block in the Specimen Collection and Transportation Kit. Enclose the Requisition Form with the specimen. Please see the Pathology Guidelines for further specimen preparation details. Genomic Health prefers to receive unstained slides in order to avoid possible retention of specimens in customs during block return. Please note, if a colon cancer tumor block is submitted, Genomic Health will not be responsible for any specimens retained or fees imposed by customers in your country during specimen return.
- Send the specimen in the Oncotype DX Colon Recurrence Score specimen transportation box to Genomic Health via Federal Express (800-GO-FEDEX), using the pre-printed shipping Airway bill. A Customs Declaration or commercial invoice is required for the specimen to be accepted into the United States. Please include one of these documents along with the Federal Express Airway bill.
- Results are returned via online secure access and fax, within 10 to 14 days from the date laboratory processing begins. Please allow 1 to 2 additional days for MMR testing.
Note: Genomic Health is working with various international partners in providing the Oncotype DX Colon Recurrence Score so that better treatment decisions may be possible for international colon cancer patients. You can receive partner information, country specific payment instructions, and discuss any special requirements by contacting International Customer Service at email@example.com or by calling +1-650-569-2080.
Next: Submitting a Sample